Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Off We Go (and other tales)

Probably, perhaps, it is barely possible that you may have been wondering what has been up in my life through these past months of silence.

Most importantly, the answer is that my status in life has forever changed. From Katie, sister of ordinary civilian Paul I have metamorphasized into Katie, sister of Airman Basic Paul. I'm SO proud of his successful graduation from basic military training in the airforce. His next promotion is up and comin' & he's stationed in Missouri going to school for now.

I miss him.

Otherwise, I've managed a couple of vacations in between family, church, work and resting & recovering from my illness (yes, still...!).

First came a fabulous camping trip over labor day weekend. I lost miserably at Yatzhee & discovered that in a battle between a canoe & the ocean surf, the canoe loses. But I sort of learned to fly a stunt kite. And being dumped in the ocean is more fun that it sounds.

In September, I went to Georgia to visit a close friend for her birthday. I enjoyed surprising her with my appearance on the scene & we had a great time together...just too short.

Then, I spent my Thanksgiving vacation in San Antonio for Paul's graduation from Basic. Thanksgiving on the Riverwalk!

I read Gone with the Wind. I have been lost only rarely, thanks to Jeeves--the GPS which is still one of the best gifts I've ever received. I am on the lookout for a pair of boots at decent price. My eyes need to be checked. I took Abigail to a Gilbert & Sullivan operetta for her birthday & felt like I was celebrating my birthday at the same time. Which reminds me, I did have a birthday during my long silence. Gas is below $2/gallon. I had to explain to someone recently that, yes, I remember when gas was $2/gallon before. Apparently, I am as adorably youthful as ever. I took on four piano students. I got four cavities filled. I love my life.

Also, my toes are wretchedly cold.

Are we feeling up to date yet?