Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Showtime!

You'll all have to forgive me...I've (temporarily) changed metaphors.

My life is a play.

My main thought at the moment is that I wish I'd had more than 9 months to rehearse before starting into stardom and that if I were going to re-do my contract I'd make someone else haul the sets around.

Yes, that's right.

With the intermission over and the curtains up, I am happy to report that everything we own is safely packed away in storage, and the family is safely hanging out at an extended stay motel while looking for a place to live. The new scenery is a lot more crowded than the last one, what with big-city buildings, brake lights, and stop lights. Add some uncertainty to the script and amid the confusion you might be as tempted to lose sight of the point of the play as I am.

Does anyone else ever find it way too easy to get caught up in the details, and hard to focus on the real purpose and direction of life?