Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Plain Speaking

There is very little worthy of general interest to report in my little universe-let.

I get up every day and go to work, except on Saturday when I sleep in if I am lucky. And Sunday when I sorta kinda sleep in then get up and go to church where I spend the majority of the day. Work has been increasingly challenging and therefore increasingly enjoyable to me. When I am not at work or church, I spend most of my time reading, writing, cooking, talking, playing games, and putting off various projects. Sometimes there is a social event thrown in the mix. On Tuesday evenings, I volunteer at a local ministry whose mission is to be a help and support to women who are faced with unplanned pregnancies, and babies of same. My family, with whom I spend the majority of any spare time I happen to have, are all well with nothing especially reportable going on. If you were to hang out at our house, you would hear random snips of information about jobs, school, things we have learned, people we know, things we need to accomplish, and enthusiastic discussions about controversial issues especially those pertaining to politics or religion. When everyone else is quiet (which is rare with Peter and I in the house), John talks and tells us about his passion--computer programming. I cannot elaborate, because that is a language I neither speak nor understand.