Tuesday, March 20, 2007

To Spring









Dear Spring,
I was just curious--so I thought I'd write and ask you how you always manage to sneak up on me? I never expect you to be here so soon--and,then, suddenly, there you are. I always thought it was all me; I assumed time was just slipping by faster than I realized. But this year I am thinking it might be YOU after all. I really don't think my sense of time could be all THAT skewed...I KNOW it was practically yesterday that I was enjoying last summer's sunshine!
It usually wouldn't be a problem, but this year is different...
May I ask that next year you choose a week to arrive when I am NOT moving? I feel a bit cheated. I know you didn't bring any roses, but I wish I had time to stop and see if any of the glorious beauties you DID bring smell as delightful as they look.
Please, don't taken any of this personally. I love you dearly and I am already looking forward to a more leisurely visit together next time!
Your Affectionate (though busy) Admirer,
Katie