Tuesday, July 04, 2006

In Which I Am Tagged

Sometime between falling off the face of the earth and being banished to an insane asylum, BJ tagged me. I guess until I answer I am forever frozen in cyber jail. Something like that...

Anyway, here I be.

I AM a follower of Jesus. Usually putting off some project or other. A lover of words. Friendly. Irritable when I'm tired. Easily entertained. Somewhat opinionated. An avoider of unnecessary conflict. A daughter, big sister, and friend. Blonde.

I WANT to see people come to know Jesus. A milkshake. Strong muscles without the pain of building them up. An armed guard for my tongue. My clothes that are still in storage.

I WISH I was just like Jesus. That the radio was on because I am a fan of backround noise. That my closet shelf was tidy. That the neighbors were shooting off fireworks since we aren't doing any this year.

I HATE my own sin. Socks that fall down. Improper English. Using slang. When my pride takes a fall. Acne.

I LOVE Jesus. My family, my friends. My country. Ripe strawberries. Milkshakes. Achieving goals. Reading, writing, and playing piano. Clocks and watches, especially the kind that tick. Flowers. Weddings. Birthdays. Sunsets. Clouds. Shadows.

I MISS some of the mountaintop times I've had with Jesus. The mountains in Washington. My friends scattered through the country. Being little enough to ride on Dad's shoulders. Having a baby in the house.

I FEAR failing the Lord somehow. Heights. Deep water.

I HEAR Paul typing. The computer fan. The refrigerator fan. Some firecrackers. Crickets.

I WONDER how long it will be before Jesus comes. Who will run for the Presidential election on the Republican ticket next year. If I will get lost when I visit Seattle this week. How many more times I will move in my life. How much it will cost to give my car a tune up.

I REGRET losing focus often on the Lord. Not exercising more. Eating too much sugar.

I HOPE I will live to be a mature and wise old lady. I have many children and grandchildren. I learn to braid rugs and weave baskets. I learn to keep my room tidy. I get to travel to another country.

I PRAY for forgiveness, for direction, for friends and family. Because I am commanded to. Because I love to talk to the Lord. When I'm upset. When I'm not upset. Less than I should.

I AM NOT perfect. A tomboy. Of a scientific nature. Usually hard to please. Without strong convictions.

I SING in praise to the Lord. When I'm happy. A lot. Sometimes dramatically. Making up the words as I go along.

I CRY sometimes when I know I've sinned. When I'm in pain. When I'm frustrated and upset. More easily about something I don't care too much about than about something I really care deeply about.

I AM NOT ALWAYS unselfish. Considerate. Smiling. A scatterbrain.

I MAKE WITH MY HANDS music. An untidy room. Long blog posts. (And short ones.) Long letters (and short ones). Dinner.

I SHOP for everyone in the family. Sales and coupons! Quickly. With as little money as possible.

I WRITE blog posts, letters, e-mails. All day for my job. A journal. Notes to myself if I really want to remember something.

I CONFUSE people who think that I am serious all the time. People who think I am a flibberty-gibbet all the time. My family and best friends when I say things before I think it through.

I NEED to memorize more Scripture. To pack for a trip to Washington. To eat regularly. New socks soon. New shoes soon.

I SHOULD stop second guessing my own decisions so easily. Go to bed soon. Finish this tag. Catch up on my journalling.

I START many projects. Reading a book. Early most mornings.

I FINISH some projects. Some books. Late some nights.

I TAG Bethany, Ashes and whoever else will do it. (Anna, I don't think I saw yours???!)