Friday, June 22, 2007

Where I've Been

As you may have noticed, I've been posting material as promised from my authored archives fast and furiously. Or maybe not.

Last week, I spent a couple of days away when I went to visit a close friend and attend her graduation from a worthy institution of higher learning. Like any two girls of our age and mature, thoughtful (?) character we found it an excellent opportunity to discuss our has beens, is, and (maybe) shall be's.

You don't really want to know.

But I thought you'd like to know that we also found it an excellent opportunity to catch a live theatre production of "Fiddler on The Roof" in which a friend of ours had a part. It made me think of a favorite "has been" of mine. "Fiddler" was the first live theatre production I ever went to; Dad and Mom took Paul and I when we were something like six and seven. I remember how fascinated and drawn into the whole thing I was as people danced, sang, and shouted before my very eyes. I wasn't in the least confused by the plot, but I should have been. It wasn't until several years later that I somehow came to understand that the "matchmaker" was NOT a manufacturer of wooden matches...