Monday, August 14, 2006

A Time For Everything

About once a year...

Usually in the summer sometime....

I watch one of my favorite movies.

Since my parents and brother are out of town. And the kids don't stay up until eleven-thirty. And I didn't need much of an excuse anyway...

I just finished the six hour version of Pride and Prejudice.

I loved and hated every character as much as I always do. And I never can decide whether I like Mr. Darcy or Elizabeth better. But then, predictably, I conclude it doesn't matter since as a real man and a genuine lady they live happily ever after in the end...

I'd quote my favorite line, except that I don't have just one. Besides, you know, it's one of those movies where lines mean less without an exact expression of face to match. So I shall be content to hoard up for myself a share of Austenianism to last a while. To last...maybe....a year?