Thursday, September 20, 2007

Bad to Worse

It was cold this morning.

I discovered that my car windows were fogged up when I was ready to go to work.

I did not have extra time, so I needed to defrost the windows quickly.

My heater is broken and my car does not properly defrost.

I rolled down my windows so I could see.

I accidentally opened one of the rear windows instead of the front one I had intended to open.

The rear window is broken and rolls only one direction.

Down.

I appeared in the office with insulated leather gloves and proceeded to wear them for the first fifteen or twenty minutes of work while typing, answering the phone, sorting paperwork, and preparing a mailing.

I was the subject of some amusement to my boss.

I did not achieve a feeling of amusement equal to that which I induced in others.